The summer has been so busy that I haven't done hardly any of the crafts and activities that I had planned on doing with the girls. So Saturday was a sewing day. I don't sew very often so once a year or so I just get all of my projects done. I tried to let Kate and Lexy do almost the whole thing themselves. They had a lot of fun ironing and sewing. I wanted Kate to pass it off for one of her Faith in God goals, so here is her display of what she did. With the baby coming in October I decided I had better start doing something to prepare. So I made these burp clothes (for some reason most of mine from the other kids have disappeared) and a car seat cover that is also a nursing cover (both of which are new to the crafting world, it seems, since I had Colby). They were pretty easy, but considering my sewing experience took me longer than what they should have. (I only had to unpick 2 or 3 times and only cut the fabric wrong twice:))
cry. (Elphaba and Glinda, Wicked Musical) People come into our lives for a reason. Bringing something we must learn.And we are led To those who help us most to grow. If we let them And we help them in return... It well may be. That we will never meet again. In this lifetime So let me say before we part, So much of me Is made of what I learned from you You'll be with me Like a handprint on my heart And now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine By being my friend... Who can say if I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better... Because I knew you: I have been changed for good. laugh...again. (The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Paloma) "People aim for the stars, and they end up like goldfish in a bowl. I wonder if it wouldn't be simpler just to teach children right from the start that life is absurd. That might deprive you of a few good moments in your childhood but it would save you a considerable amount of time as an adult--not to mention the fact that you'd be spared at least one traumatic experience, i.e. the gold fish bowl." laugh. (The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Paloma) "Apparently, now and again adults take the time to sit down and contemplate what a disaster their life is. They complain without understanding and, like flies constantly banging against the same old window windowpane, they buzz around, suffer, waste away, get depressed then wonder how they got caught up in this spiral that is taking them where they don't want to go."
compare. Objectivism vs Mormonism.... (Ayn Rand) "I swear--by my life and my love of it--that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." vs (President Thomas S. Monson) "I pledge my life, my strength-- all that I have to offer--in serving Him and in directing the affairs of His Church in accordance with His will and by His inspiration."
think. (Faith of My Fathers) Ironically for someone who had so long asserted his own individuality as his first and best defense against insults of any kind, I discovered that faith in my self proved to be the least formidable strength I possessed when confronting alone organized inhumanity on a great scale than I had conceived possible. Faith in myself was important...but I discovered in prison that faith in myself alone, separate from other, more important allegiances (faith in God, faith in country, and faith in my fellow prisoners), was ultimately no match for the cruelty that human being could devise when they were entirely unencumbered by respect for the God-given dignity of man. This is the lesson I learned in prison. It is, perhaps the most important lesson I have even learned.
1 comment:
They turned out so cute!
Post a Comment